- 2651Square Feet
This welcoming classic Colonial home is located equal distance between Vineyard Haven village and West Chop Lighthouse. Sitting on 1.87 acres, the property offers privacy and tranquility. Outside features a back yard patio and a detached garage with a 405 square foot wood working shop. Inside the charming double front door is a welcoming foyer and stairs to the second floor; a den or bedroom with built-in shelving; and double pocket doors to the expansive living room with wood-burning fireplace. Off the living room is a first floor bedroom and bathroom. Also off the living room is a large light-filled dining room with a lovely bank of windows. Then the mudroom, kitchen and pantry are beyond. Upstairs has a master bedroom and bath plus two more bedrooms that share a hall bathroom. Bonus spaces include two unfinished attic spaces waiting to be transformed. The boiler, electrical service, insulation, sheet rock, and oak floors were updated in in recent years. You could live in this house now with all its period charm, or renovate to your personal tastes. Septic is designed for five bedrooms and passed Title 5 inspection. There is enough land for a guest house and/or pool and it is a short walk to Grove Ave. beach and the Vineyard Haven Yacht Club. This is a rare beauty.
Ask A Question
- MLS Number24845
- List Price$1,495,000
- Modification Date2016-10-03T09:04:26
- Date Listed2016-10-03T09:04:26
- Other Struct DescriptionDetached one-car garage with attached 405 square foot wood working shop.
- Flooring TypeOak
- Floor 1 DescriptionFoyer, living room, formal dining room, kitchen, pantry, mudroom, two bedrooms, one bathroom.
- Floor 2 DescriptionThree bedrooms, two bathrooms, access to 2 attic spaces.
- Floor 3 DescriptionLarge unfinished attic.
- Basement DescriptionPartial basement with accessible crawl space. Houses updated boiler, updated hot water heater, updated electrical panel, and laundry.
- Update TypeNONE
- Second DwellingPotential
- 2nd Dwelling DescriptionGuest house and pool possible with town approval.
- View Count464
- StreetMain Street
- Building Number484
- Location41.4679379, -70.600612
- TownVineyard Haven
- Outdoor SpacesPatio, Beach Access - Public
- Lot Size SqFt81457
- Fridge Typeyes
- Dishwasher Typeyes
- Dryer Typeyes
- Stove Typeyes
- TV TypeSatellite
- Washer Typeyes