- 3360Square Feet
PRECIOUS ANTIQUE GEM ON NORTH WATER STREET. Sitting majestically on North Water Street, this circa 1830's Captain's House has been tastefully updated while maintaining its authentic historic charm. Period details include an open staircase, antique wide planked floors, six original fireplaces, period millwork and built-ins, all of which are in exceptional condition. This classic village home blends formal and casual living areas within three floors of generous living spaces for easy living and entertaining. The inviting eat-in kitchen features vaulted ceilings and a cozy sitting area, which make it the perfect gathering spot of the home. French doors open from the kitchen onto a brick terrace and expansive private yard, which is perfect for outdoor dining, entertaining and family plan during the summer months. The backyard will nicely accommodate an in-ground pool and terrace. Another unique feature of this charming property is a covered second-floor porch where you can relax with a cup of coffee or a good book and enjoy the sparkling water views of Edgartown Harbor just across the way. Of course, Edgartown Harbor, the lighthouse and all the best of village living awaits, just outside the front door. This precious gem will truly capture your heart.
Ask A Question
- MLS Number29350
- List Price$3,750,000
- Modification Date2018-01-10T22:22:58
- Date Listed2015-09-17T08:39:43
- Other Struct DescriptionLarge 240-square-foot storage/garden shed located in the back yard.
- Flooring TypeAntique wide planked pine, tile,
- Floor 1 DescriptionThe first floor is comprised of Formal Parlor, a casual Family/Living Room, Dining Room, Den/Office, Sitting Room and Large eat-in Kitchen with lounge area. There is also a first-floor Bedroom, a Full Bath and a Sitting Room.
- Floor 2 DescriptionThe second floor is comprised of three bedrooms including a large Master Bedroom with en suite bath and doors that open to a second-story porch with views across North Water Street to Edgartown Harbor. The two other bedrooms share a full bath with tub/shower.
- Floor 3 DescriptionThe third floor is comprised a "crow's nest" with an extra sleeping space with built-in beds and a full bath with tub/shower.
- Basement DescriptionUnfinished.
- StreetNorth Water Street
- Building Number74
- Location41.3907305, -70.5099429
- ParkingOff-street parking
- Outdoor SpacesWater Views, Deck, Patio, Beach Access - Public
- Lot Size SqFt10018
- Yard TypeLarge and private backyard
- Square Feet3360
- FireplacesSix fireplaces
- Lead PaintUnknown
- First Floor Beds1
- Half Baths1
- Year Built1830
- Year Renovated2001
- Heat TypeOil\FHW
- FeaturesAlarm, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeYes
- Dishwasher TypeYes
- Dryer TypeYes
- Stove TypeYes
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count112