- 2853Square Feet
HYDRANGEA HAVEN - A FAMILY COMPOUND! Beautiful vintage home that has been the Vineyard family summer home for several generations...built in 1905 the original character and charm remain though the house has been updated to provide the current comforts of this true family compound. A large wrap-around porch of yesteryear invites sitting, rocking and sipping tea and is solidly in place and sets the tone for the summer. A visit to this family homestead with 5 bedrooms and 4 baths in the main section of the building and 2 bedrooms and 1 bath in the guest wing provides space for generational gatherings and focuses on relaxation, getting reconnected and enjoying all the pleasures of the Island. Located on elegant Hatch Road, The VHYC, Vineyard Haven Village and the ferry are within walking distance. The well-established gardens surround the house and provide splashes of magnificent color. The property is surrounded by mature rhododendrons, huge hydrangeas abound as you approach the house, and roses grace the outdoor patio with wonderful fragrances. A walk through the wooded part of the property feels like a nature hike. The variety of classic and distinctive plantings are everywhere. A short walk to the beach on Vineyard Haven Harbor off Cleveland Avenue. PLEASE NOTE: Property is listed below assessed value of $1,893,300.
Ask A Question
- MLS Number31817
- List Price$1,750,000
- Modification Date2017-04-07T13:16:25
- Date Listed2017-04-07T13:16:25
- Other Struct DescriptionA very spacious guest suite with central air conditioning, two bedrooms, a full bath and kitchen are above the garage and separated from the main living quarters. Sliders from the small bedroom and living area lead to a private deck.
- Heat TypeElectric
- StreetHatch Road
- Building Number14
- Location41.4663430, -70.6002290
- TownVineyard Haven
- Parking5 + cars
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Garden, Patio, Porch, Beach Access - Public, Porch - Screened
- Yard TypeBeautiful landscaped yard
- Fridge TypeSub-zero
- Dishwasher TypeKitchen Aid
- Dryer TypeWhirlpool
- Stove TypeGE profile with microwave
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeWhirlpool
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count510
- Square Feet2853
- Foundation TypeCrawl
- FireplacesYes - Living room
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Half Baths1
- Year Built1905
- Year Renovated1993
- Flooring TypeWood and linoleum
- Floor 1 DescriptionThere are two accesses to the first floor: one from the grand, open porch and the other from the screened sunporch. The stone fireplace is solidly in place declaring the vintage of the house. The dining room behind is large enough for leisurely family dinners and the updated kitchen is open beyond. There is a laundry room behind the kitchen along with access to the beautiful side yard and the garage. The stairway beyond the fireplace in the living room leads to the second floor.
- Floor 2 DescriptionThe master suite with private bath occupies the right hand side of the house overlooking the mature gardens which are planted with a large variety of specimen plants and trees. Two other bedrooms located on this floor share a bath.
- Floor 3 DescriptionOnly in a historic home would you find a totally functioning third floor. The fourth and fifth bedroom and a shared bath and are located on this floor. A great location for the young adults of the family.
- Basement DescriptionCrawl