- 4652Square Feet
This is a compound for someone with a dream. Whether to connect family and friends in comfort the year round, to host workshops, to garden, to conduct a professional practice or pursue creative endeavors - there's ample room to do it all here. With the treasure of Chilmark beaches to enjoy, it's just a scenic 5-minute drive from Alley's. Tucked away on a hilltop meadow bordered by conservation land, an extensive trail network beckons just steps from the decks leading down to the mossy banks of the Tiasquam. Besides the space and versatility here, the main house has extra insulation in the interior walls for an added sense of quiet, a 2015 Buderus 7-zone heating system, three stairways to the second floor, additional attic and basement rooms, an attached 2-car garage and a generator. There's great privacy between the dwellings and a general sense of sanctuary and expansiveness on these bright acres.
Ask A Question
- MLS Number31822
- List Price$1,890,000
- Modification Date2017-04-12T07:50:00
- Date Listed2017-04-12T07:50:00
- Other Struct DescriptionGazebo w/ built-in swing. Garden shed. 2 outdoor showers plus 1 off guest house deck. Informal basketball area.
- Heat TypePropane
- FurnishedPartially Furnished
- FeaturesInsulation, Media Room, Outdoor Shower, Wood Stove
- Fridge TypeYes
- Dishwasher TypeYes
- Dryer TypeYes
- Stove TypePropane
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes
- Update TypeNONE
- Second DwellingExisting
- View Count196
- StreetHewing Field
- Building Number27
- Location41.369641, -70.703152
- ParkingExpansive area w/circular drive and 2-car garage
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Garden, Beach Access - Public, Covenants
- Lot Size SqFt196020
- Yard TypeOpen meadow/lawn w/ tall pines fringed by woodland
- Square Feet4652
- Fireplaces1 fireplace, 3 glass-doored wood stoves
- Lead PaintNo
- First Floor Beds2
- Half Baths1
- Year Built1987
- Flooring TypeHardwood, carpet, tile, concrete
- Floor 1 DescriptionOpen kitchen / living / dining room includes wood stove and solarium area opening to extensive decks. Large library off front door, 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths. 3 stairways to second floor.
- Floor 2 DescriptionSpacious master bedroom w/ skylights, cathedral ceilings, glass-doored wood stove, jacuzzi bath. Access to attic playroom. Two bedrooms w/ shared bath. Large many-windowed middle bedroom w/ private bath. Two good-sized bedrooms opening to decks with shared bath. Laundry chute, 2 linen closets.
- Floor 3 DescriptionLarge standing-height attic room w/ skylights and closets used as playroom.
- Basement Description1,800 sf. Approx. 1/3 is finished as family room with large sliders to outside (not included in square footage of the house)