- 2268Square Feet
William Street - The quiet, elegant Historic District in Vineyard Haven just a block from Main Street lined with classic homes and well maintained yards; a neighborhood that takes pride in its heritage. This Greek Revival home built in 1850, updated over the years and most recently in 2016 is within walking distance of the ferry, all activity on Main Street, swimming, boating and band concerts at Owen Little Park. Walking is the operative for your morning coffee and paper, to pick up your mail, fresh fish at the Net Result and the select number of restaurants. The large country kitchen was remodeled last year with many windows and skylights. The space provides room for many to gather at a breakfast table, lounging on a couch or rocker, keeping the cook company or participating in meal preparation. The balance of the house follows a traditional Greek Revival interior flow in the style of other homes on the street. An open dining room and living room with fireplace are at the front of the house along with the formal foyer and classic stairway. A master suite with private bath and walk in closet command the front of the house with peeks of the Harbor. A small room or office could be integrated into the master bedroom. There are two other bedrooms on this level along with another full bath. An open stairway to the finished third floor provides an additional 600 sf of living space. Move in and enjoy the charm of the property and the premier location and neighborhood. If you become project oriented, enjoy the potential transformation knowing the existing values support any level of improvement.
Ask A Question
- MLS Number32005
- List Price$1,125,000
- Modification Date2017-06-02T15:27:16
- Virtual TourClick Here
- Date Listed2017-06-02T15:27:16
- Other Struct DescriptionAttached garage.
- Heat TypeOil\FHW
- StreetWilliam Street
- Building Number84
- Location41.4554683, -70.604529
- TownVineyard Haven
- ParkingDriveway to garage
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Community Tennis Court, Beach Access - Public
- Lot Size SqFt6430
- Yard TypePleasant side yard.
- FeaturesInsulation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeAmana
- Dishwasher TypeKitchen Aid
- Dryer TypeMaytag
- Stove TypeFrigidaire Gallery (electric)
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeKitchen Aid
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count246
- Square Feet2268
- Foundation TypePoured
- FireplacesLiving room
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Year Built1850
- Year Renovated2016
- Flooring TypeHardwood, carpet, vinyl, tile
- Floor 1 DescriptionClassic elegant foyer located on the right side of the house is larger than most homes built in this era. The large living room with the potential of a formal dining room with built in cabinets occupies the majority of the first floor. Beyond the formal area is a renovated, bright country kitchen with room for casual dining or a pleasant sitting area. There is direct access to the deck and pleasant side yard. A mud room behind the kitchen provides access to the attached garage. A full bath is also located on this floor. Great flow and excellent use of space!
- Floor 2 DescriptionFollowing the floor plan of a Greek Revival home, the stairway from the foyer leads to the second floor hallway and the three bedrooms on this floor. The master suite with private bath, walk in closet with washer and dryer is located at the front of the house. An office is next in line with a full bath across the hall. Two charming bedrooms are at the end of the hall.
- Floor 3 DescriptionThere is direct access to the third floor which is a large, finished space, that can be used as a fourth bedroom or bonus room. The roof line pitches however the center of the room provides comfortable ceiling height.
- Basement DescriptionPartial basement typically found in a home of this vintage.