- 6441Square Feet
HISTORIC EAST CHOP WATERFRONT ESTATE WITH BOATHOUSE AND DEEP WATER DOCK. Originally built in 1870 with all of the grandeur of a 19th century seaside estate, this grand historic home features over 6,000 square feet of finished interior living space which was meticulously renovated from top to bottom in the year 2000, under the direction of noted architect, Joseph Dick and island builder, Everett Whorton. Today, this luxurious home maintains all of the original character and architectural details of the era, including beautiful coffered ceilings, gorgeous custom wood paneling, and finely crafted millwork throughout. The property boasts sweeping views from three floors of living space -- plus a spacious outdoor deck -- across the 3.2-acre property with rolling lawn, patio with stone fireplace and beautifully landscaped grounds to Vineyard Haven Harbor and Vineyard Sound beyond. A wooden boardwalk crosses over a small pond, leading to the water's edge where a 750-sf boathouse with stone fireplace, kitchen and bath sits adjacent to a deep water dock and moorings. The property also includes a detached 2-car garage with unfinished living space above which can be easily transformed into a beautiful Guest House, also with water views. This iconic property is the ultimate place to gather family and friends and create treasured Vineyard memories for years to come. Furnishings are available separately.
Ask A Question
- MLS Number32756
- List Price$4,995,000
- Modification Date2017-10-10T11:06:33
- Date Listed2017-10-10T11:06:33
- Other Struct DescriptionThere is a detached two-car Garage/Guest House with unfinished living space above which once complete, would be a legal 1-bedroom, 1-bath Guest House with Living Room and Kitchen. Floor plans area available upon request. There is a 7-bedroom septic in p
- Heat TypeGas\FHA
- FeaturesCentral A/C, Insulation, Irrigation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeSubZero® Double-door refrigerator
- Dishwasher TypeKitchen Aid®
- Dryer TypeYes
- Stove TypeThermador® Range and Hood; Kitchen Aid® Double Wall Ovens
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeYes
- Update TypeNONE
- Second DwellingExisting
- View Count211
- StreetTemahigan Avenue
- Building Number32
- Location41.463925, -70.5774653
- TownOak Bluffs
- ParkingTwo-Car Garage plus ample parking in front driveay and in the rear of the home.
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Patio, Beach Access - Private, Beach Access - Public, Hot Tub, Porch
- Lot Size SqFt139261
- Yard TypeExpansive yard with mature plantings,
- Water ViewYes
- Square Feet6441
- Foundation TypePoured Concrete
- FireplacesFireplace in Living Room + Beach Stone Fireplaces On Patio + Boathouse
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Half Baths2
- Year Built1870
- Year Renovated2000
- Flooring TypeHardwood + Tile
- Floor 1 DescriptionThe first floor is comprised of a spacious Foyer, Formal Living Room with fireplace, Formal Dining Room, a Butler's Pantry, Gourmet Kitchen, Library/Den, a Powder Room plus two spacious enclosed Sun Porches that combine living and casual dining areas.
- Floor 2 DescriptionThe second floor is comprised of four bedrooms, all with en suite baths -- including the Master Bedroom Suite with water views plus sitting area and office area.
- Floor 3 DescriptionThe third floor is an expansive finished living space with built-in window seats, multiple sleeping areas and a full bath.
- Basement DescriptionThere is a full walk-out basement that has multiple rooms used for recreation and storage. There is also a room with sauna and whirlpool tub.