- 5310Square Feet
Edgartown Harbor- A remarkable location offering sandy shoreline and a deep water dock. The expansive four bedroom home, superbly designed to afford views from nearly every room, exudes elegance. Privately situated, yet within close proximity to the Village, even closer by water, this truly is the best of both worlds.
Ask A Question
- MLS Number32881
- List Price$6,500,000
- Modification Date2017-11-09T14:48:14
- Date Listed2017-11-09T14:48:14
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Beach Access - Private
- Yard Typelawn overlooking bluff to harbor
- FeaturesAlarm, Insulation
- Fridge Typey
- Dishwasher Typey
- Dryer Typey
- Stove Type2 - gas and electric
- TV TypeSatellite
- Washer Typey
- Update TypeNONE
- 2nd Dwelling DescriptionA separate property, the "Pond House", located on Calebs Pond with 3 acres and a contemporary house is currently used as a guest house for the subject property. This is available for separate purchase by the buyer of #44 for $2.05.
- View Count442
- StreetCaleb Pond Road
- Building Number44
- Location41.3787400, -70.5025859
- Flooring Typewood and carpet
- Floor 1 DescriptionEvery room has a view and all living areas are simply gracious with 12' ceilings. The main living room is located on the southwest side of the house and extends from front to back with three walls of glass, including doors that open to a deck and gardens as well as a wall of windows facing the water. An oversized fireplace is the central focus for the primary seating area in this room with a secondary seating area focused on floor to ceiling windows to the water. A third area is devoted to a game table but readily used for any number of activities. Enter into the front entry hall, which is a room in itself, and be astonished by the harbor views that greet you as well as a ceiling that soars to the second level and a lovely open staircase with a window wall that lends great light to this entire space. The dining room readily accommodates seating for 12 and with an entire wall of glass doors to the main deck, overlooking the harbor, the flow for entertaining is superb. Imagine dinners in this room with a small fire in the fireplace to ward off evening chill and the lights of Edgartown sparkling across the Harbor. Adjacent to the dining room is an excellent cook's kitchen with center work island, two stoves, two sink/work areas as well as a bar and smaller dining area so that family and guests can gather here for a more casual experience. There are mudroom entries both from the driveway and from the deck, so well designed to keep the boating and beach gear in the right place. A laundry, half bath and two car attached garage complete the first level. The house is designed to accommodate a truly elegant yet immensely comfortable summer lifestyle. Built 30 years ago, it rivals the newest and best construction of today.
- Floor 2 DescriptionAscend the grand staircase and overlook the main entry hall from the balcony. The master suite is on the water side of the house with an open deck overlooking the harbor. It is proportioned to accommodate a small sitting area to relax with morning coffee and enjoy the view and a second seating in a small bay. A grand bath has a separate shower room as well as a soaking tub from which to enjoy the views. An array of closets readily accommodates the resident master of the house. Three generous guest rooms, each with a bath en suite, completes the second floor.
- Floor 3 DescriptionAn access attic runs the length of the house.
- Basement DescriptionThere is a full basement under kitchen, easily accessible from an inside staircase at the rear entry to house. All utilities are located in this area. A crawl space under remainder of house is accessible via the basement and is approximately 3-4' deep.
- Square Feet5310
- Foundation Typepoured concrete
- Fireplaces2 - living room and dining room
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Half Baths1
- Year Built1983
- Heat TypeElectric
- Water ViewYes