- 2755Square Feet
It is RARE to find a charming, traditional home with nearly 2 ACRES of land so close to down town! Located on a lovely, coveted stretch of Main St. between the village and West Chop, the discerning buyer will see that opportunity abounds at this exceptional find. Outside features park-like grounds offering tranquility and privacy. A bonus vintage structure encompassing a single garage and 405 square foot wood shop/studio is in the rear. Inside the appealing front door is a welcoming foyer and stairs to the second floor. On the right is a den (or bedroom) with shelving. On the left are double pocket doors leading into the expansive living room with wood-burning fireplace. Off the living room is a first floor bedroom and bathroom. Also off the living room is a large light-filled dining room with a lovely bank of windows overlooking the park-like grounds. The mudroom, kitchen and pantry are at the back. Upstairs has a master bedroom and bath plus two more bedrooms that share a hall bathroom. Other bonus spaces include two unfinished attics. The boiler, electrical service, insulation, sheet rock, and oak floors were updated in recent years. You could live in this house now with all its period charm, or renovate to your personal tastes. Septic is designed for five bedrooms and passed Title 5 inspection. There is enough land for a guest house and/or pool and it is a short walk to the beach and Yacht Club. This is a singular beauty for the buyer with vision.
Ask A Question
- MLS Number33137
- List Price$1,495,000
- Modification Date2018-02-01T16:17:05
- Date Listed2018-02-01T16:17:05
- Other Struct DescriptionDetached vintage structure including a 1-car garage and 405 square foot shop/studio.
- Flooring TypeOak
- Floor 1 DescriptionFoyer, living room, formal dining room, kitchen, pantry, mudroom, 1 bedroom, 1 office (that could be a legal bedroom) 1 full bathroom.
- Floor 2 Description3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, access to 2 attic spaces.
- Floor 3 DescriptionLarge unfinished attic.
- Basement DescriptionPartial basement with accessible crawl space. Houses updated boiler, updated hot water heater, updated electrical panel, and laundry.
- Update TypeNONE
- Second DwellingPotential
- 2nd Dwelling DescriptionGuest house and pool possible with town approval.
- View Count181
- StreetMain Street
- Building Number484
- Location41.4679379, -70.600612
- TownVineyard Haven
- Outdoor SpacesPatio, Beach Access - Public, Covenants
- Lot Size SqFt81457
- Fridge Typeyes
- Dishwasher Typeyes
- Dryer Typeyes
- Stove Typeyes
- TV TypeSatellite
- Washer Typeyes