- 4600Square Feet
Spectacular 3 home waterfront Chilmark estate on 5.8 acres with private dock on Stonewall Pond. Breathtaking one-of-a-kind views across Stonewall Pond out to the Atlantic from all 3 homes as well as stunning views of Quitsa Pond. Each of the homes is charming and beautifully maintained, with its own Vineyard history. Lorca is sited on a 1.2 acre lot (140 State Rd) while Lenom and the Boathouse are sited on the abutting 4.6 acre lot (138 State Rd). These 3 homes are offered together for the first time in over 50 years. Built in 1939, the original "Lorca" home was expanded in 1973 and renovated over the past 40 years. This year round home evokes old Vineyard charm with modern upgrades and features water views from almost every room. Lorca has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and light open living spaces with wonderful picture windows through which to enjoy views of the pond and the ocean beyond. Enjoy al fresco dining on the water facing decks then walk down a gentle grassy slope to your own private dock on the pond, surrounded by nature. Lenom is the second home with 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. Most recently expanded in 1988, the kitchen and dining area were renovated in 2013 and air conditioning was added in 2017. This year round house has a beautiful stone fireplace, a focal point of the open living/dining area, and a rooftop deck that has wonderful 360 degree views of Stonewall and Quitsa ponds. Nestled between Lorca and Lenom, on the water's edge, is The Boathouse. Built in the early 1970's as a boathouse it was expanded in the 1980s into an additional home with one bedroom and one bathroom plus loft space, full kitchen, living room and lovely outdoor decks over-looking the pond. Each of these homes, with its own unique vistas and water views, is privately situated. Together they create a family compound that allows both separation and the ability to come together so the whole property can be enjoyed by all. Relax in the beauty or enjoy sailing, kayaking, swimming and paddle boarding. The sunrises and sunsets here are breathtaking and watching the moon rise over the pond is spectacular. Just a short walk, boat or drive to nearby private association Stonewall ocean beach. Boat from Stonewall Pond under Hariffs Bridge to Quitsa and Menemsha ponds and then out to the Vineyard Sound. This is an extraordinary property, exclusively offered as a 3 home estate for $11,000,000 or one home (Lorca) may be purchased separately for $5,500,000.
Ask A Question
- MLS Number33559
- List Price$11,000,000
- Modification Date2018-05-18T13:59:50
- Virtual TourClick Here
- Date Listed2018-05-18T13:59:50
- Other Struct DescriptionPrivate dock on Stonewall Pond
- Heat TypeHeat Pump
- FeaturesInsulation, Mini-Split Heat/AC, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge Typeyes
- Dishwasher Typeyes
- Dryer Typeyes
- Stove Typeyes
- TV TypeCable
- Washer Typeyes
- StreetState Road
- Building Number138 and 140
- Location41.326818, -70.759459
- ParkingEach home has its own parking area.
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Patio, Beach Access - Association, Beach Access - Deeded
- Lot Size SqFt252648
- Yard TypePrivate and beautiful natural landscaping.
- Water ViewYes
- Square Feet4600
- Lead PaintUnknown
- First Floor Beds5
- Year Built1973
- Flooring Typewood, saltillo tile and brick
- Floor 1 Description"Lorca" has an open kitchen/dining/living area with intimate views overlooking the water. Exposed brick walls in the kitchen, living room and master bath add to its charm as do saltillo tile floors. There is a separate family room with fireplace and views of Quitsa Pond. An expansive deck off the back of the home offers room for outdoor dining and for taking in the full beauty of this incredible property. There is also a first floor master bedroom with private bath and a second bathroom off family room. Washer/dryer is off the kitchen. Amazing views of Stonewall Pond, the Atlantic Ocean and Quitsa Pond throughout.
- Floor 2 DescriptionTwo additional bedrooms. There is a widow's walk with 360 degree views.
- Basement DescriptionPartial basement and crawl space.
- Update TypeNONE
- Second DwellingExisting
- View Count210