- 7604Square Feet
A prestigious home designed by a meticulous owner. Built by the current residents in l988, the property has evolved over the years in updates and numerous expansion projects. When you love where you live, a property such as this is the result. The owners chose the location in the Tashmoo Association because of the tranquil pastoral setting overlooking the grazing fields, the amenities of the community which provide tennis, dock and beach and the close proximity to Vineyard Haven Village; a combined feeling of up and down Island. With 3.15 acres of land there was more than adequate room to create a spacious estate setting. As you approach the house the feeling of relaxed elegance is apparent. It is evident that the expansive home with 7,604 sf of living space will offer room for all. The surrounding landscape and natural, wooded open space creates an exceptional setting. The unusual details in the house are everywhere from the formal living room and dining room, the large well-designed kitchen, the newer addition year round sun porch, the wonderful den to retreat to, and the newest addition, a contemporary incredible living room/dining room with fireplace and custom designed ceiling, to name a few highlights. An exceptionally large pool area has room for many lounge chairs and tables for dining along with a pool house with full kitchen. Beyond the pool area and above the oversized two car garage is a fifth bedroom suite. The second floor is dedicated to the en suite master bedroom, three guest rooms and an unusual common room with high ceilings and many windows to be used as a second floor family room or elegant office. A finished third floor is there for your interpretation. The sale also includes a beach lot (32C/4 and 32D/4) just before the opening to Lake Tashmoo with beach access on the Lake and the Sound. Boating from the association dock to your private location, anchoring your boat for a picnic or digging clams for dinner puts the frosting on the cake or the Vine in Vineyard. In the event you need more space for your family compound the totally renovated, fully furnished cottage on 1.06 A at 19 Chappaquonsett (54C/ 2) is also available at $1.5M. See photos attached to this listing. This property provides all the components to establish a family estate for generations to come on this magical Island of Martha's Vineyard.
Ask A Question
- MLS Number33630
- List Price$7,000,000
- Modification Date2018-07-02T16:31:16
- Virtual TourClick Here
- Date Listed2018-07-02T16:31:16
- Flooring Typehardwood/tile
- Floor 1 DescriptionA large porch shelters the entrance to the formal foyer. The living room with fireplace is to the right, the formal dining room washed in sunshine from the large palladium windows is behind the foyer and opens to the expansive "Cook's Kitchen" ahead and a year round sun room with three walls of windows overlooking the fields beyond. A quiet study is located to the left of the front entrance. Moving to another wing of the house through a hallway of windows you enter the great room, a recent addition with a distinct change in architectural style. A contemporary fireplace compliments the detailed ceiling. A custom dining table provides ample seating for twelve and the pool beyond is accessed by french door. A bar and powder room service this area. The separate guest suite and garage are accessed at this end of the house.
- Floor 2 DescriptionReturning to the foyer, a classic stairway reaches a balcony overlooking the dining room and is the gateway to the master bedroom suite with walk in closet and luxurious European style bath. To the left are three bright, inviting guest bedrooms. Off the hall is a stunning room with interior windows and a large palladium window keeping the space always bright. It can serve as another family room, an office/study or an art studio.
- Floor 3 DescriptionA large room on the third floor has just been freshly painted and re-carpeted. The use can be adapted to your specific lifestyle.
- Basement DescriptionFull basement with a portion finished and the remaining area offering more than adequate room for storage and utilities.
- StreetPasture Gate Road
- Building Number37
- Location41.447773, -70.628447
- TownVineyard Haven
- ParkingPlenty of parking
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Garden, Patio, Porch, Private Pool, Community Tennis Court, Beach Access - Association, Covenants
- Lot Size SqFt137214
- Yard TypeLarge yard with pastoral views
- Square Feet7604
- Foundation Typepoured concrete
- Fireplaces3 (2 wood and 1 gas)
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Half Bath2
- Year Built1988
- Year Renovated2008
- Heat TypeOil\FHW
- FeaturesCentral A/C, Insulation, Irrigation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeSub-zero
- Dishwasher TypeBosch
- Dryer TypeBosch
- Stove TypeDouble oven thermador (electric) Viking cooktop (electric)
- TV TypeCable
- Washer TypeBosch
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count841