- 3884Square Feet
When a premier builder builds his own home, he applies all the innovative and state-of-the-art qualities, appointments, and technology he has made for his clients over the years. It becomes the best of the best in every respect. This home is that property. The term "over the top" is applicable here. Combining this with the impeccable taste of his wife is a win/win situation. Not only is the home remarkable but the landscaping, the views, and access to the private beach on the Lagoon enhance an already unique property. There are custom cabinets and woodwork throughout the home, each ceiling has a different height and design, and the study/office curved ceiling made of fir bead board. The 8' high custom entrance door and custom sized windows distinguish the building. Ledge stone used at the outside entrance rolls into the interior dining room, living room, and kitchen. The kitchen is as remarkable as the balance of the house. A pizza oven, 2 dishwashers, a Thermador Column System for refrigeration and floor to ceiling wine cooler further demonstrate the details of the house. The kitchen opens to a comfortable den with wood burning fireplace and corner windows overlooking the water. An efficient built in bar is between the den and living room for easy entertaining. A gracious hall takes you by the covered deck with outdoor dining and the office/den with open views of the Lagoon. The luxurious master suite is in the south wing of the house with a fireplace, private deck and outdoor shower and an exceptionally designed bath, laundry area, and closet space. The lower level has direct water views from every room. It is dedicated to the guest area with two en suite bedrooms, a sitting area, an extraordinary second laundry area, closet storage, general storage and access to the two car garage. This description only touches the surface of the incomparable property and the superlative attributes, and has to be seen in person to appreciate the comfortable elegance throughout the home. (4 Bedroom septic system.)
Ask A Question
- MLS Number33663
- List Price$3,100,000
- Modification Date2018-11-09T14:01:37
- Date Listed2018-05-21T11:45:49
- Other Struct DescriptionAttached oversized two car garage on the lower level.
- Flooring TypeHardwood, Tile
- Floor 1 DescriptionThe first floor is the lower level of the house. Built into a hill, it has expansive views overlooking the Lagoon. There are two en suite guest rooms with large, bright baths, a private sitting area, a unique, second laundry room built to the style and space of the balance of the house, practical storage and utility space, built in hall closets and access to the oversized two car garage. There are sliders to the outdoors where you will find the perfectly placed Jacuzzi tub and stairs to your private beach on the Lagoon.
- Floor 2 DescriptionAt ground level, this floor is the main floor of the house. As you approach the house on the magnificent stone walkway to the oversized custom mahogany front door, the superior quality of the house becomes apparent. A powder room with Ralph Lauren cork wall covering is to the right of the grand foyer which opens to the dining room with tray ceiling, custom cabinets and a wall of ledge stone which adds a natural dimension to a formal space. The living room beyond with gas fireplace is in full view as is the Lagoon beyond. As grand as this space is, entering the kitchen becomes an experience. At the center is a large Island with stainless steel counter top (think well used silver, and that is the patina of this counter top!). Thermador double ovens, a hidden micro wave, six burner gas stove surface with a grill, a dishwasher for glasses and a full dishwasher are just the beginning of the list of appointments. The Thermador Refrigeration Column System enables a custom designed separate system with diverse use such as the ceiling to floor wine cooler which is also an excellent place to store hors d'oeuvres. The pizza oven that reaches 600o has a built in wood box, below. The grill is just outside the back door. A great place to enjoy water views, and become chef de cuisine. Toward the water side of the kitchen is a family room with a wood burning fireplace. Around the corner, stage central is the built in bar with Bosch ice maker. Outside the living room is a covered area for al fresco dining. Beyond the hall with a full view of the water, is a remarkable den/office which abounds in rich wood finishes. Fir bead board was used to build the curved ceiling. The built in desk, finished in fir, gives the room a rich luster and feel of an English library, an excellent place to work, read or hide away. The master suite at the end of the hall is precisely that, a master suite. A private deck and outdoor shower overlook the Lagoon. A fireplace at eye level to use year round. The entire length of the front of the house beyond the entrance foyer is dedicated to the master bath, open walk in closets and laundry; all areas which are difficult to describe. It must be seen.
- Basement DescriptionThe entire finished lower level is a walk out and faces the Lagoon. The mechanical systems of this property have been designed for maximum efficiency and the details will keep an engineer entertained.
- StreetPond View Way
- Building Number34
- Location41.4344055, -70.603694
- TownVineyard Haven
- ParkingPlenty of parking
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Garden, Patio, Porch, Beach Access - Private
- Lot Size SqFt54014
- Yard TypeBeautifully landscaped!
- Water ViewYes
- Square Feet3884
- Foundation TypePoured concrete
- Fireplaces3 - (1) Wood (2) Gas
- Lead PaintUnknown
- First Floor Beds1
- Half Bath3
- Year Built2010
- Heat TypeGas\FHA
- FeaturesAlarm, Central A/C, Insulation, Irrigation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeThermador columns & Bosch (lower level). See specfication list.
- Dishwasher Type(2) Fisher & Paykel
- Dryer Type(2) Bosch; one on each level
- Stove TypeThermador 6 burner (gas) with electric grill
- TV TypeCable
- Washer Type(2) Bosch; one on each level
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count438