- 7046Square Feet
A matchless property on a matchless Island. A premier location on Vineyard Haven Harbor with expansive views of all the activity, a large 1.7A parcel of land which provides unique privacy, a dramatically designed pool and surrounding landscaping, and a 5 bedroom, 7,046 sf home, 2 car garage impeccably designed by premier architect, Patrick Ahearn. The spaces are designed for casual living or an elegant cocktail party. A dramatic foyer separates the casual side of the house from the more formal rooms. The spacious kitchen to the left, with a view of the Harbor, incorporates a casual sitting area with fireplace and a separate bar area. Wide French doors open to a large porch with stone fireplace. The many windows gets you closer to the smell of the ocean, breezes and feeling of what summer is all about; beaching, boating, watching the ferry in action, good food and good company. Leaving the casual side of the home and meandering beyond the dining room, the south wing of the first floor includes the formal living room with fireplace, all season porch and study. The different textures in each room, from the paneled study, to the softly toned living room and porch adds an element of contrast. The second floor is devoted to the master suite and guest quarters with broad views which deliver varying angles of the Harbor. A long balconied hallway, a gallery for intriguing art, leads to the master suite on the right with an oversized walk in closet, bath and French doors overlooking the lawn and pool to the Harbor beyond. Next to the master suite is a stairway to the widows' walk and the Harbor and stars. A highly technical powered hatch opens that space for the Mary Poppins view. The north wing of the house is devoted to three guest bedrooms. A fifth bedroom studio is privately located above the 2 car garage. It includes sleeping quarters, bath, living space and kitchenette. It has private access from the garage or can be accessed from the guest suite on the second floor. Located on Main Street, the size of the parcel of land allowed the house to be located behind a well- planted front yard which screens all the activity and still provides a tremendous amount of room on the water side for a patio with built in grill, pool with gracious surround and a broad lawn that rolls directly to the water. The written word and videos are powerful tools however in this instance; this is a property that must be visited.
Ask A Question
- MLS Number33742
- List Price$13,500,000
- Modification Date2018-06-18T10:49:12
- Virtual TourClick Here
- Date Listed2018-06-18T10:49:12
- Other Struct DescriptionA private guest suite with full bath and kitchenette is located above the oversized garage and has private access or can be accessed through the second floor of the main house.
- Heat TypeGas\FHA
- Water ViewYes
- StreetMain Street
- Building Number103
- Location41.4566822, -70.6026715
- TownVineyard Haven
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Garden, Patio, Porch - Screened, Private Pool, Beach Access - Private, Beach Access - Public
- Lot Size SqFt74052
- Yard TypeBeautiful landscaped yard with patio, pool and expansive lawn to Harbor.
- FeaturesAlarm, Central A/C, Insulation, Irrigation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge TypeSub-zero
- Dishwasher Type(2) Asko
- Dryer Type(1) Whirlpool & (1) LG Tromm
- Stove Type6 burner gas Thermador stove & Thermador convection double oven
- TV TypeCable
- Washer Type(1) Whirlpool & (1) LG Tromm
- Update TypeNONE
- Second DwellingExisting
- View Count1110
- Square Feet7046
- Foundation TypePoured Concrete
- Fireplaces(3) Gas & (1) Wood
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Half Bath2
- Year Built2007
- Flooring TypeWood, tile, carpet
- Floor 1 DescriptionThe large welcoming foyer separates the north and south wing of the house. The dining room with fireplace is in direct view and provides the first scenes of the active Harbor beyond. To the left is the kitchen with a breakfast dining area and family room with fireplace. A bar, pantry, laundry room and powder room are located to the left of the kitchen. A summer porch with fireplace is accessed through French doors with panoramic views of the Harbor and access to the patio that links both wings. The south wing of the first floor is more formal in tone with a living room and year round sun porch again with direct water views. A study finished in fine wood tones is located behind the living room.
- Floor 2 DescriptionThe balcony on the second floor separates both wings of the house and serves as an art gallery. The master suite occupies the south wing of the house with an expansive walk in closet and bath. French doors open to views of the Harbor. A widow's walk accessed by a mechanical opening provides the Mary Poppins view. To the north wing are three guest rooms, one en suite and two with a unique bathroom design which provides separate basins and commodes but share a bath.
- Basement DescriptionLarge, unfinished space with high ceilings.