- 5345Square Feet
Located on a winding private road, this original 1896 West Chop waterfront home was completely renovated to exacting standards in 1992. With 8 bedrooms and 6 and a half bathrooms, and a classical layout with formal and informal areas in which to relax and pass the time, this home encompasses all that this desirable location provides for multi-generational family gatherings and summer memories at West Chop. A stately front entrance leads to the formal living room with adjoining separate sitting room, with fireplace, that opens to the expansive water facing porch providing active views of the Vineyard Sound and additional entertaining space to while away a lazy summer afternoon. The home offers an exceptional combination of elegant charm and modern amenities including the large gourmet kitchen breakfast room, with Wolf and Sub Zero appliances, bespoke cabinetry and a butler's pantry that leads through to the formal dining room. The staircase leads to a large master suite with full bath, office and balcony overlooking the water. Three further bedrooms and 2 additional bathrooms occupy the remainder of the second floor with 4 further bedrooms and 3 baths on the third floor. The huge walk out basement was created during the renovation, and could be finished to create living space for wine cellar, family room or gym. Walk from the house through established perennial gardens to the beautiful sandy beach for easy swimming, tide rides to the pier and docks and enjoyment of the water. This is a rare opportunity to buy in the heart of the West Chop community. Contact us for more information about this special North Shore private setting with opportunities for beaches, tennis, golf, and more.
Ask A Question
- MLS Number33954
- List Price$11,750,000
- Modification Date2018-07-19T09:28:55
- Date Listed2018-07-19T09:28:55
- Outdoor SpacesDeck, Porch, Patio, Beach Access - Private, Beach Access - Association
- Lot Size SqFt25700
- Yard Typemanicured, waterfront, sandy beach path, beautiful gardens
- Water ViewYes
- StreetMain Street
- Building Number1153
- Location41.4794982, -70.6074816
- TownVineyard Haven
- Flooring Typewood floors
- Floor 1 DescriptionFormal living room plus second sitting/family room with fireplace encompassing fabulous views and sunset. Large chefs kitchen and breakfast room. Butlers pantry and formal dining room on first floor as well as a powder room. Porches on both sides for sunset and sailboat viewing or shady manicured lovely lawn and gardens.
- Floor 2 DescriptionStaircase leads to master bedroom with a fireplace and private deck with huge water views over the Elizabeth Islands and Vineyard Sount .Master has a private ensuite bath and a sitting area/office. Second large guest bedroom has a private bath. The 3rd and 4th bedrooms share a large bath.
- Floor 3 DescriptionFour more bedrooms with sweet views over the ocean and grounds allow for extra room, two rooms each with a private bath and two that share a bath totaling three baths on the third floor.
- Basement DescriptionFull walk out with access to the outside shower. Could be significant finished space with high ceilings, poured concrete, great dry storage or future living space with natural light.
- Square Feet5345
- Foundation Typegreat basement
- Lead PaintUnknown
- Half Bath1
- Year Built1896
- Year Renovated1992
- Heat TypeGas\FHW
- FeaturesInsulation, Irrigation, Outdoor Shower
- Fridge Typeyes
- Dishwasher Typeyes
- Dryer Typeyes
- Stove Typeyes
- TV TypeCable
- Washer Typeyes
- Update TypeNONE
- View Count180