Our team can help you achieve your Martha's Vineyard real estate goals. Learn more about our responsibilities to your, and if you would like to talk with an agent, contact us.
- Site Review: Site visit to determine attributes/condition of the Martha's Vineyard property.
- Legal Research: Research owner information, obtain pertinent plans, covenants, restrictions from the Dukes County Registry of Deeds.
- Permit Research: Research historical information in Town records, re building, Board of Health, Conservation Commission, etc.
- Comparative Market Analysis: Analyze current market data to determine fair market value and establish listing price with owner.
- Goal Determination: Consult with owner to determine purpose of sale and goals, review tax ramifications and counsel on available options, i.e. – Section 1031 tax deferred exchange.
- Staging Advice: Assist Seller in preparing property for best possible physical presentation.
- Photography: All photography will be done for marketing and advertising including an aerial photo if the property location and amenities warrant.
- Brochures: Two to eight page brochures include photos, plans, maps and property information, house plans as available – distributed to prospective buyers and cooperating real estate agents.
- Advertising: Written text and placement of all paper and web advertising. Copies of all ads provided to Owner on monthly basis.
- Abutter Notification: Written notification to the adjacent and proximate owners to inform them of the availability of the property.
- Broker Cooperation: Full exposure of subject property to both island and off island real estate agents.
- E-mail Broadcast: An e-mail of the property data sheet will be sent to all 80+ island real estate agencies so that those not yet aware of the property will have the information to share with their own customers immediately.
- LINK Tour: Your Martha's Vineyard property will be shown to cooperating agents at the first LINK (local multiple listing service) tour opportunity. Tours are held on a monthly basis in each town.
- Open House: A Broker Open House/Reception will be held at the site to introduce the property on a more personal basis to island real estate licensees. The arrangements for this are done at the most advantageous time depending on season, weather, accessibility, etc.
- Public Open House: A public open house will be held one or more times if property location warrants and when season dictates the most activity.
- Showings: Full cooperation will be offered to all agents to arrange, Seller or Buyer, showings to their prospective customers. All showings will be arranged and accompanied by the Listing Agent or her assistant. A full record of dates and customer names will be kept for the Seller and show notices will be furnished on a monthly basis.
- Submission Any and all offers will be submitted to you for your consideration. We will review each offer for clarity and composition.
- Monies We will establish an interest bearing escrow account for the funds to be held in connection with your sale. At time of closing, we will account for those funds and distribute as directed by your legal counsel.
- Attorney If you require local counsel, we will recommend qualified attorneys to you and furnish them with the accepted offer and all related, applicable paperwork to facilitate and enable them to proceed with the sale.
- Inspections We will arrange for any inspections/visits to the property requested by your buyer and any other contractors (building inspectors, appraisers, etc.).
- Purchase & Sale Agreement We will work with attorneys and buyer or buyers agent to prepare and have executed in a timely fashion. We will also collect and deposit all additional deposits.
- Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Detectors We will facilitate installing smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in your property, if needed, prior to applying for inspection and certification from your local fire department. We will also assume responsibility for scheduling and obtaining such certification prior to closing.
- Tracking/Facilitation We will monitor contract dates to ensure all parties are adhering to the original agreement.
- Walkthrough We will schedule and accompany the buyer and their agent for the final walk through inspection.
- Closing We will review your closing statement to ensure all negotiated details of the transaction are included, facilitate the transfer of keys, the changeover of utilities, and all other appropriate related details of closing.